For over 30 years, Family Services Communities has provided support services to families and individuals throughout the Rochester region. Based in Fairport, NY our team and board of directors are committed to the safety, independence, health, and happiness of those we serve. Our enriched housing communities throughout the area provide low- and middle-income seniors with supportive, welcoming housing communities. Our services to our residents are responsive, inclusive, and innovative, and we strive to help individuals age in a place with dignity.
To encourage older adults to live independent, safe, healthy and dignified lives.
We envision communities with affordable and accessible support services which promote the best possible quality of life for the older adults we serve.
We are driven to do all we can to preserve the independence, ensure the safety, maintain the health, and increase the dignity of those we serve.
FSR Services will be driven by:
- Client Satisfaction (as measured by our clients and funders)
- Quality Assurance (meeting or exceeding all applicable Accreditation and licensing standards and continuous quality improvement)
- Cost-effectiveness (providing services highly valued by both our clients and funders)
- Inclusiveness (reflecting equitable concern for all individuals without regard to race, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or ability to pay)
- Cultural Competence (ensuring our ability to be inclusive)
- Innovation (changing appropriately to reflect community needs and priorities)
- Collaborative Relationships (developing relationships with other organizations)
- A Well Trained Staff and Board (to fulfill the agency mission)
- Moral and Ethical Responsibility (to our clients and funders)
Support & Services
Enriched Housing residents are independent and active, knowing that there is someone there if they need assistance. Enjoying the privacy of their own apartments, residents are assured of help through a coordinated variety of support services including:
- Private one-bedroom apartments
- Emergency call cords
- Full Kitchen
- Private bathroom
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- Personal care and assistance with bathing
- Medicine management (at the Northfield and Jonathan Child apartments)
- Three daily meals
- Jonathan Child Apartments and The Northfield have Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner in a dining room
- Long Pond, Danforth, and Hudson Ridge have breakfast and lunch in a dining room and dinner is provided in their apartment.
- Lunch is the large meal of the day.
- Special diets available
- Coordinating services with individual needs
- Assisting with managing benefits with New York State and Monroe County DSS
- Arranging transportation for appointments
- Scheduling medical appointments
- Managing finances
- In-house social & recreational activities
- Regular community outings
- Bill-paying and money management services
- Assistance in qualifying for available benefits
- One monthly charge for service and rent
Supportive, Welcoming Enriching Housing in Rochester, NY
Family Service Communities is committed to building welcoming, supportive communities for the young-at-heart based on our strong commitment to the independence, safety, health and happiness of those we serve. We do this by providing services which are innovative, inclusive and responsive to the expressed needs of our residents, enabling them to age in a place with dignity.